5 Things you should know about your dentures.
Your dentures keep you smiling with confidence and help you enjoy the foods you love to eat. Remember that dentures are like your natural teeth and will last longer and fit better if you take proper care of them. If you wear dentures and want to maintain that attractive smile, here are five things you should know.
1. Dentures should be cleaned regularly. Your dentures require proper and adequate care, just like your natural teeth. Dentures should be cleaned at least twice a day to prevent bacterial and fungal infections that lead to inflammation and pain. This routine can help you save any remaining natural teeth and keep your dentures looking great!
2. Cleaning your dentures the proper way can prevent damage. Carefully remove any food or debris by gently brushing dentures under warm running water. Never use hot water for cleaning as this can cause dentures to warp and fit poorly. Use appropriate denture cleaners when brushing and remember to rinse thoroughly.
3. Your lifestyle affects your dentures. Dentures can be affected by your habits and the foods you eat. Drinking coffee, tea and red wine can stain your teeth over time. Smoking can also lead to stains and unpleasant odours in your dentures.
4. Some products can cause irreversible damage to your dentures. Toothpaste and bleaching products can create micro-scratches for bacteria to stick to and lead to staining. Avoid using these products to clean your dentures. To prevent damage to softliners and metal clasps, use cleaning products that are specifically formulated for these types of materials.
5. Recommended routine for denture care during the night. It is important to remove your dentures and soak them in a container with suitable denture cleanser before going to sleep. Keeping them in your mouth during the night can cause inflammation leading to discomfort, pain, and infection.
For more information or if you have any questions about your dentures please contact EPICITI Mobile Dental Care. Our mobile denture services are available for seniors in nursing homes, retirement homes, hospitals and in homes. We also offer house call mobile dental cleanings in Toronto and surrounding area for residents in nursing and retirement homes, hospitals and private residences. For more information or to schedule an appointment contact our office at your convenience. For more online resources please read our BLOG.